My own day thus far:
- Before 8:00am - stop to pick up lunch and some cookies for today's going away party for two colleagues.
- 8:15 - 8:45 - check in with colleagues to find out what I missed by being out for professional development on Friday.
- 9:00 - 10:00 - check email and voice mail to discover an urgent reference request for a campus department. Start digging. Find out from assistant he is working on same question. Email campus department and learn that they have already answered one part of their question.
- 10:00 - 11:00 - library management group meeting. Discuss fall plans (we're short on reference and subject librarian help) and brainstorm ways to survive. Deliver report from library communications committee on next steps.
- 11:00 - 11:30 - open snail mail from Friday, delegate contents of some envelopes, put other items in box for student to file.
- 11:30 - 11:45 - start blog post on #libday7. Talk to circulation desk about fall student hiring.