Saturday, January 5, 2013

42 Things: Item 4: 3 Songs

Item 4 on my list of 42 things to do before I turn 42 is to listen to three songs each week that are new to me. I'll keep a running list here. (If you'd like to suggest songs, feel free to do so in the comments!)
  • Week of 12/30/12: "Live While We're Young" by One Direction (turns out I had heard this but didn't realize it when I chose it from Spotify); "I Will Wait" by Mumford and Sons;  and "Thinkin Bout You" by Frank Ocean.
  • Week of 1/6/13: "Hold On" by Alabama Shakes, "Demons" by Imagine Dragons, and "Some Nights" by Fun.
  • Week of 1/13/13: "Cruise" by Florida Georgia Line, "Ho Hey" by The Lumineers, and "Locked Out of Heaven" by Bruno Mars.
  • [Weeks of 1/20/13 and 1/27/13 weren't documented.]
  • Week of 2/3/13: "Try" by P!nk, "Daylight" by Maroon 5, and "Home" by Phillip Phillips.
  • Week of 2/10/13: "Anything Could Happen" by Ellie Goulding, "Beer Money" by Kip Moore, and "Love and War" by Tamar Braxton.
  • Week of 2/17/13: "Laundry Room" by The Avett Brothers, "Breathe In, Breathe Out" by Mat Kearney, and "Winds of Change" by Fitz and the Tantrums.
  • [Week of 2/24/13 not documented.]
  • Week of 3/3/13: "Scream & Shout" by will.i.am and Britney Spears, "Stay" by Rihanna with Mikky Ekko, and "Ukulele Five-O" by Jake Shimabukuro.
  • [Ugh. Forgot to do this week of 3/10/13.]
  • Week of 3/17/13: "Catch My Breath" by Kelly Clarkson, "Suit & Tie" by Justin Timberlake, and "Cups" by Anna Kendrick.
  • Week of 3/24/13: "It's One of Those Nights (Yes Love)" by the Partridge Family, "Fastest Girl in Town" by Miranda Lambert, and "Comin' Around" by Josh Thompson.
  • [Weeks of 3/31/13 and 4/7/13 not documented although I did hear some new-to-me music during that time.]
  • Week of 4/14/13: "Pom Poms" by the Jonas Brothers, "Beat This Summer" by Brad Paisley, and "I Can Take It from There" by Chris Young.

No comments: