See http://librarydayinthelife.pbworks.com/Round-5,-July-26th,-2010 for more info. And watch this space!
EDIT: Now if I can just remember what I did today... I'll start with my Twitter posts containing the #libday5 hashtag and then fill in the gaps:
- "I'd like to be writing my Library Day in the Life post or installing the new scanner. But I'm just moving things around on my desk."
- "Paid my contribution for fried chicken for recent library potluck."
- "Found the correct campus address for a check that ended up on my desk. Sadly, not for me."
- "Met with summer intern for debriefing on her project. Worked on material for Friday's unconference."
- "Agreed to let the nominating committee put my name on the ballot for a state organization's election this fall."
- "Scheduled meeting with history prof to look at old books/maps he found while cleaning his department."
- "Helping @ashuping test the mobile version of the library's website."
- "Fun with MS Access 2007! :P"
Ok, those were my tweets today. Let's see what else I can remember:
- Confirmed time for meeting with Digital Library of Georgia staff on Thursday.
- Started outline for unconference preso.
- Set up demo meeting with digitization vendor for next week.
- Delegated returning a reference phone call to my assistant (excellent move on my part).
- Rounded up a few boxes to be reshelved; delegated said reshelving.
- Lunched with intern to celebrate completion of her project.
- Chatted with intern about networking at professional conferences and getting involved with professional organizations.
- Paid annual dues for ACA membership.
- Answered (I think) a question about a name change of a campus department.