- Completed time sheets for my students and staff.
- Talked to the carpet installers about their plan of attack for the archives. Helped move a few things out of their way and open doors.
- Printed, sorted, and counted correspondence from June.
- Processed an order for one of our for-sale books.
- Delegated a couple of reference questions; answered a couple myself.
- Updated the draft of a proposal for my boss.
- Moved books out of an antique desk in preparation for carpeting in that area.
- Received a request from a colleague who wanted to borrow a student assistant for a project.
- Compiled statistics for an annual report.
- Attended a lunch planning meeting.
- Printed items for our vertical files (biographical and university).
- Received a request for an obituary. Found, scanned, and emailed to happy (librarian) patron.
- Worked more on proposal.
- Took student assistant to meet colleague who needed help.
- Met with boss.
- Ended workday, and went to see the new Harry Potter movie.
Friday, July 31, 2009
It's time for another "Library Day in the Life" update!
Yesterday I jotted down a few notes about what I must admit was a remarkably productive day.