Friday, August 24, 2007

List-o-rama

There has been some chatter about the annual Beloit College list of "things to know about this year's college freshmen that will make you feel old."

I've been reading some of the comments (e.g., at Dances with Books and The Annoyed Librarian) and decided I would add a few items of my own. Please note that although I have looked at the list in the past, I have not memorized all of the previous entries. I apologize if I duplicate some things that have been said before.

I started college in 1989, when most of this year's freshmen were born. Here are some things I have to say about this age group and their realm (not necessarily using 1989 as the "starting point"; how many of us remember much before we were 3 or 4?):

I'm sure I'll think of other things. Feel free to add your own in the comments.

2 comments:

not the teacher said...

The one that really gets me is the cartoon thing... how are they ever supposed to learn patience, when they can have whatever they want anytime they want it?

Laura said...

Amen, Not the Teacher! They'll never know the gratification of waiting until Saturday morning to see Bugs Bunny. And we didn't have VCRs or Tivo, either!